Monday, June 15, 2009

How can projects help student learning???

I think that projects are a great way to break up the monotony of class time. Even I work better when I am doing hands on activities.  I think that it will be a challenge to keep them on task but getting them to do it early on in the year is going to be key! Projects let them find things that THEY think are interesting so that they can teach it to the class. I also think that it will help them memorize the information better because they looked for it themselves.  Students in the 21st century must know how to use a computer to be successful in college so I think that we are helping them feel more ready for college and more confident that they can succeed!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to be working with you on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think they get the information more natually, through experiences. They can make more connections in the brain and that helps them remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with breaking up the monotous day. I teach 8th grade science, and I love lab days. It is a chance for the kids to learn hands on, instead of hands on book. :-). I love project based learning and I'm looking forward to implementing more next year.

    ReplyDelete